Sunday, November 27, 2005

Religion or love? Religion and love?

I've been thinking about this about 1½ years. In my past it was not an issue as I was married with a man who shared my religious views. (In fact he's the one to thank when it comes finding religion which suits for me.) It became an issue after we broke up with him.

And now I'm stading in crossing of my life caused by the love of my life and his guest to find himself (before doing anything stupid). He wanted time and space, I got it also and I begun to really think about things....
I lived in image that I can live happily with someone who doesn't share my religious views, but deep inside of me I was deeply worried. And now I have admitted to it myself.

I don't know how much I can yield as if I live according to my religious views it'll show in my daily life and it raises few questions:

  • Could he respect my way of life in the end?
  • Were there someone who'd think that my need to live according to my religion is forcing him to do something, as I'd like my partner respect my religion so much that he could for example celebrate shabbath with me - but I also know him and I'm not sure how he'd feel about it as he has his opinions.
  • And what about rest of the religious holidays?
  • Cimrcumsision? As my kids will be Jewish when they born from a Jewish mother.
  • Jewish school?
  • Etc.
I know I can't force my kids to be something I am or believe in same things I believe in, but I also know that if I live according to my beliefs and according what I feel is right it'll show and that'll affect to my kids no matter does he like it or not.

And then... I don't want to force him live life which gives pressure for him. In the end I love him too much to cause pain to him.

...Now I understand why most religions do not support interfaith marriages. It gets difficult to say it nicely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home