Thursday, September 22, 2005

The saga begins, part I; early childhood.

I think that I have to tell about my childhood family and my upbringing, and my family's history etc. to give some base to understand my views.
I happen to believe that our upbringing affects in a way or another to us, no matter how much we want to deny it.

I've born into a non-religious family. Both of my parents had been members of evanchelic lutheran church in their childhood.
In my mom's case her father separated from it because of few personal disagreements between him and their local pastor. And as far as I know, my father left church because of my mom. I'm not sure though, as I can't remember. And I don't think that it is significant anyway.

We celebrated Easter, and Yule (Not "Christmas", as it's Christian holiday) as others did, our reasons just were secular.
For me Easter was always celebration of spring, and Yule was celebration of coming light, as it's timing is what it is. (I have to admit that I was in school when I realized that for example Yule really is religious holiday to some - and in this case, to majority in this country.)

Religion never played any part in our lives. And I have to say, that it was a happy childhood in that way compared to those experiences of Christian people I've heard of...

In fact I've prayed (more like talked with God, that is same thing I do nowadays) when I was a kid. My problem just was, not my non-religious family, but that image of God I had got from surrounding world. World of evanchelic lutherans. (I'll tell more about how Christianity clashes with my beliefs, and why it was never an option, but back to business...) My God was wrong to them as I saw it. My views of God were so different from the beginning that I just kep on wondering, and denied God's existence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home